Silver Clay Jewellery Class for Beginners – LEVEL II
Please choose your preferred date and location from the drop down options on the right of the screen under the price.
So you’ve been on the beginner course, and you want to take it further? You’ve made some beautiful jewellery, but you want to move onto something a little more challenging?
If you fall into one of the below, then read on;
- You enjoyed the beginners course, but want to take it further and learn new techniques that can transform your jewellery making and push you to create newer different designs.
- You feel frustrated by the limit of what you can do, and want to learn more about sliver clay.
- Know you can do better, the beginners was a good start, but it was just the basics to get you going You have more potential and you know you can go further, given the right situation and opportunity.
- You want to make jewellery with more of a wow factor, but don’t know how.
- You’ve done the beginners, but haven’t really used it since since because you don’t know how, or where to start to make it better and improve your designs.
- You need some guidance to get the quality of finish you’ve seen elsewhere, and feel frustrated by how the piece comes out.
The level II class is designed to give you the knowledge and experience to step up your making. Each of the two designs you’ll make will give you the foundation to create more advanced and exciting jewellery.
It will build on your existing skills using metal clay and expand your capabilities. In this class you’ll learn to make a layered, textured pendant, and a European (Pandora) style charm. The new techniques you learn can them be applied to your other designs. The photos are an example to give you an idea of the type of style you’ll be taught, but you’ll need to use your own creativity to make something to your own design with my guidance.
Project 1 – Make a pendant
- Apply a textured base layer to a piece of clay.
- Add a second layer without texture and learn how to prepare it to develop a high shine.
- Make a bail to attach to your pendant.
- Kiln fire the piece.
Project 2 – Make a charm for a European (Pandora) style bracelet
- Make a hollow European style bracelet charm similar to those sold by Pandora. These are designed to fit over the 3mm snake chain bracelets. We have a supply of bracelet snake chains with remove able ends to make it simple to thread a bead onto them if needed.
During the class, you’ll learn the following techniques:
- Learn how to reconstitute dried clay to recycle and change you designs if you’ve made a mistake.
- Learn how to use moulding compound to create unique and repeatable jewellery. Bring along some items for moulding practice. Suitable items include shells, buttons etc.
- Making bails.
- Moulding compound to make a unique customised mould.
- Pre-polishing your piece to save time finishing afterwards.
- Developing a high shine without a tumbler.
- Kiln firing – some of the more advanced metal clay techniques will need kiln firing rather than firing with a blow torch. I will show you how to use a kiln to get the best results.
PLEASE NOTE – you should ALREADY be comfortable using silver clay. If you’re unsure of the basics, then this class isn’t for you because you won’t get the best out of it. Take a look at the Beginners class instead.
All tools and materials are provided, and my classes are small, social and very special. We want you to go away from this class excited about what you’ve learn, and go made making something else beautiful at home.
Snake chains in both pendant and bracelet sizes will be available on the day for purchase.
Whether you’re on your own, looking for a group activity for a hen party, baby shower or other special event, meeting people and having fun is at the heart of the jewellery making process.
At the end of our 5 hour class, you will have made a bracelet charm, and a pendant so they’re ready to wear, or give as a lovely gift. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided during the class but you’ll need to bring you’re own lunch.
We’ll send out an email 5-7 days before the date confirming details for the day. If you haven’t received it a couple of days before the course, please check your spam folder or email us. We have had instances where a misspelled email has been put in at checkout, and we obviously have no way to check it’s right!
£ 80 per person, to book this Silver Clay Jewellery Class for Beginners Level II please choose you date/location from above. Classes are strictly limited to 7 places.
Location – Inverness
Hilton Parish Church